The Pakua Multi-functional Gravity Collector Workboat
Issues - More Every Day
- Algae blooms are growing in number, size and duration worldwide.
Some blooms are hazardous (toxic compounds in cyanobacteria).
- Plastic pollution and other floating trash is a blight
on our waters, and a source of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Oil spills continue to despoil our waters, and impact aquatic life.
- As our winters warm, frozen waters are not as safe to cross, leading to more calls for ice rescue.
- Changing climate conditions are drying some areas, leading to more grass and forest fires.
The Pakua can carry a water cannon and its on-board pump can direct a stream of water onto a fire
on the shoreline from offshore, or deluge an area to prevent it from catching fire.
- Conventional water rescue need stable vessels which can accommodate rescuers, gear and multiple rescuees.
Most of RESTCo's principals are boaters. Despoiling our waterways and the impacts of climate change on our
environment are matters of personal concern. As we have wrestled with a number of related issues over the years,
we have developed the idea of a workboat which can effectively perform a wide range of seasonal tasks, reducing the
cost of ownership by having one boat instead of multiple kinds of equipment, each spending most of the year in storage.
With the issues above in mind, RESTCo presents the Pakua Multi-Function Gravity Tower Workboat.
RESTCo is currently seeking partners to help refine our design, support building and
fitting out our first full-size prototype(s), and evaluate them in real-world conditions
starting in the spring of 2020.
If that's of interest to you,
let us know.